De Ann's Clan

Monday, December 24, 2018

Christmas Eve Musings

I just woke up.  It is Christmas Eve and I have a migraine.  My body hurts from head to toe.  But that is nothing new.  In fact, I asked Kyath if it was supposed to snow just yesterday.  I could feel it.  I couldn't move my hands very well.  He looked it up.  The weather app said it was a 60% chance of snow today and a 20% chance of snow tomorrow.  Yeah right.  I should have been a weather girl.    People would be tuning in because of my dead on accuracy.  Need a weather update? Just ask me.




As I lay in bed realizing that it had snowed, I began thanking my heavenly father for letting it snow when my family was safe in bed. The snow plows cleared the roads in the background as I wondered, what if my children were out driving when it started to snow? Would my children be safe from harm?




I prayed further, "Thank Thee for protecting my family from heartache that others have endured. Thank Thee for keeping us from losing a child. Thank Thee for making sure all of our pregnancies went full-term and resulted in live births.  Thank Thee for helping my children to make wise choices that kept them from making mistakes that would lead them down the wrong paths. I have a good husband. My brothers and sister and their spouses are all good people and have been good influences on my family."


I pondered further, "And I am grateful we have a home. We have transportation (Even if one is dead and the other has the window stuck open with no heat). Our family has water that is fit for drinking without needing to go through purification before we drink it. We have heat and electricity. There is plenty of food. "


Finally, I prayed in gratitude for my physical aliments. "Thank Thee that I have been able to work full-time despite being exhausted and in pain most of the time. I have learned to work despite the constant migraines. I have grown so used to how I feel, that I can barely remember what it was like before." God has strengthened me in my trials. He has made me see my trials for what they are, growing opportunities.

No comments: