De Ann's Clan

Friday, October 17, 2008

Three Wishes

You know, it is funny how the three wishes you would make as a child changes to three completely different wishes when you are a parent. I bet they will even change completely when I am a grandparent.

Today I would chose these three wishes...

1. A laundry fairy- The cleanliness of my house all depends on if the laundry is caught up, folded and put away. The problem is that laundry is my biggest challenge. I hate doing it. I hate folding it and I hate putting it away. Sometimes I can trick myself into thinking that it isn't so bad. Notice I said sometimes.

2. A tutor fairy- I would love someone to sit with my children everyday and be the bad guy with the whole homework deal. They could nag the children to get it done and make sure that they have read at least 20 minutes a day.

3. An business fairy- I need someone that can take all my business ventures and make them successful. Don and I have some great ideas, but I have come to realize that I suck at promoting myself and my products.

4. Wait, you say I only have three wishes...Well, this is my blog and I can change it to four. I would wish for a thought fairy- I would like someone to filter my thoughts and only let positive thoughts enter in and out of my stream of consciousness. I am my own worst enemy.

That's it. That is all I ask for. I didn't ask for a new husband, a butt load of money or better looks. I just wish things were a little easier. I feel like I am to the point that I realize that I am tired of always struggling and wish that life wasn't so complicated. But fairies are only in fairy tales and this is real life.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are good wishes. I'll see what I can do to find those fairies for you but if you happen to run into them first, give them my number. You are right. We haven't seen each other in a long time. Crazy. We all need to be out of our houses a little more often. You are a good friend!!!!!

Melanie Palmer said...

Amen Sista!
Oh, and don't worry about anyone throwing rocks at you from my blog. There are only like 3 readers, and I don't think they have very good aim.
I like hearing different opinions (as well as the occasional 'Amen Sista') which is why I have a blog! Hope your calendar venture is going well, I like the video...good job Dex.