De Ann's Clan

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Happy Birthday Kyath

Kyath turned 10 a few days ago. It is hard to believe he is ten. It is even harder to believe that I have been a mom for ten years. His birthday caused me to reflect on being a mom and how I have changed from when he was born to today.

When I first became a mother I was so overwhelmed with all of the new emotions I was feeling. I had never felt so protective, so complete, and yet so inadequate all at the same time. I remember just holding Ky and crying. I was afraid someone would take him away because he was so beautiful. I wouldn't let Don even push the stroller on walks because I was sure someone was going to come from behind and take him.

I remember Kyath crying, and crying, and crying. I would walk the street at night to let the neighbors know that I wasn't beating my child. He cried so much. A baby crying had never broken my heart like it did when my own child cried.

I remember just wanting to hold Ky and watch his cute little moves all day. Who needed TV. I loved watching him make new faces. I loved watching him sleep.

Kyath changed my life. I am grateful to have him. He still makes my life complete. I could still just sit and watch him all day. It still breaks my heart when he cries. I could never be as proud as when I see him achieve and grow.

I love you Kyath.

2 comments:

Dancewear By Heather said...

Hi Kyath, it's me Brayden. Happy Birthday! Mine is next month! I miss you! Bye

Constance said...

Hi there,

I couldn't not comment as one of my best friends in the world is named Kyath! How did you decide to name your son this, as I have never heard this name before or since I met my friend.

Thanks