De Ann's Clan

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Fired

I have never in my life been fired. I am always on time to work. I work hard the whole time I am there. I give my 100%. Well, they have been looking for an excuse to get rid of me since September. They said that I let the kids talk when they enter my classroom. In fact, I let them talk from the time they come into the room until they sit in their sit. Humm. So I am supposed to squash any bit of childhood the children have left? "Kids, don't talk at all. We are at school and I expect you to act like robots until you are back in your car on your way home with your parents."

They pulled me in on Friday and told me that they were letting me go. I have never been so shocked. And yet, there is a teacher that yells at the kids that still has her job. It is so bad that they have to always have another teacher in there with her at all times, but I was the one to get fired because I let the students talk until they sit in their seats!

I asked them what they wanted me to do with all the data I had collected throughout the year. They were like, "Data, what data?" I told them how I had collected data since the beginning of the year of everything I had taught them. I kept track of what concepts students didn't understand and when I retaught them. It basically shows that my students know every concept I have taught. "Oh," they said. "You can leave that data."

It is amazing what some people consider a serious problem. Then they were mad because I taught the reading class so well when they observed me.

Let's see-
recent operation- check
Hole in my breast not healed yet- check
fired from job- check
serious stress- check

I hate to ask if I have hit rock bottom yet.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

DeAnn., I am so sorry. What now"? Will you be looking to teach somewhere else? I wish you all the best.

Unknown said...

Hey sissy! At least you know that I will always be there for you so that you won’t hit rock bottom! What can I do to help you this week? I love you!!!!! I also feel sorry for the kids that are going to show up to a new teacher and never had a chance to say goodbye, we will miss you and thank you!

Katrina said...

Gosh, De Ann, I'm so sorry. Things will work out. They have to, because you're a good person who does good things and the Lord will take care of you. Hang in there and know you're loved.

Unknown said...

Oh De. They suck big time. Seriously. That is rediculous! Honestly, they had no reason to fire you whatsoever. You are an amazing teacher. Let me know what I can do to help you out. Errrg. That makes me so angry. They don't even deserve to have you as a teacher at that school. I can give your resume to my principal if you'd like. I know it's in Draper, but we are hiring next year.

Melanie Palmer said...

Oh shoot De Ann. That really sucks. Keep your chin up, when one door closes another one opens. If not, just bust through the window ;)
Love you!

☼ Dayna said...

So sorry. Being fired sucks big time. :( hang in there

mooresclan said...

Thank you everyone. I am really dealing with a lot of emotions right now and I appreciate all your support.