De Ann's Clan

Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Life Changing Events

After 18 years of working at the church, Don quit his job September 1st.  He says the atmosphere has been far from heavenly.  It was hard for him to work with the individuals in the office.  Don has been elated to be away from his job.  He has been working hard at home trying to clean the house and keep everyone fed. 

One might ask how I am taking it...I am in survival mode.  I know that Don needed to get a different job.  It just seemed like such a toxic atmosphere. But the stress that I feel is overpowering.  I now carry the benefits for the family.  I am stressed with the knowledge that I am the sole provider for the family when I just don't feel like a mother should have to work.  I really think that when Don gets another job, he will make more than he was and it will be better for our family in the long run. 

The contrast between Don's and my stress are very divergent.  Don feels happy for the first time in a long time.  I, on the other hand, have been very grumpy and short with people.  I have had a headache all week.  I went in to InstaCare yesterday and I have a UTI infection.  I switched our insurance to my name and they couldn't find me in the system at InstaCare and at the pharmacy.  I finally just payed cash to get the antibiotics. 

I stayed up all night because I didn't feel well and I took today off.  Hopefully I will feel better by tomorrow because I have no choice but to be at the top of my game.

1 comment:

Steve and Brooke said...

Wow!! Crazy to think his job at the temple would be like that! Hope you feel better & that he gets a job soon!