De Ann's Clan

Sunday, September 28, 2014

Living the Dream

One Saturday when I was helping to clean the ward, I asked the man in charge how he was doing.  He looked me in the eye and said, "Living the dream."  I have taken that and used it as my own response when people ask me how I am doing.

I was talking to Robin yesterday at Amanda's wedding and I explained that it was really good that I went to East Germany on my mission.  On my mission, I learned to appreciate the bare necessities.  I remember the apartment where we had to build fires to keep warm.  I remember the split where there was a VERY limited amount of hot/warm water.  I remember the month in a new companionship when the companion had already spent most of her money for the month before she was transferred and we survived on the money that I had left for that month.  Then there was the other companion that spent all her money and I once again helped our companionship float until the next month.  These were all experiences that formed who I am.  I expect little and am appreciative for anything and everything. 

So how does this all tie in?  Well, things are pretty stressful right now.  But I can still say I am living the dream.  I have running hot and cold water.  I have heat and electricity.  My family is healthy (maybe not mentally, but that is a subject for another time).  I have a job.  We have food.  We are very blessed. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love my sister!!! You are very strong and mighty!!!