De Ann's Clan

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Dropping like flies

I woke up on Thursday feeling like I had been hit by a train. There was no possible way I could get the kids ready. Don took over and got the kiddos off to school. I had one call I absolutely had to make for work and then I just laid in bed.

While Don was off on a walk, Kyath called. He was sick at school. I waited about ten minutes hoping Don would get home before I dragged myself to the car. But with even as sick as I felt, I couldn't leave my sick baby at school. The school secretary said that everyone was "dropping like flies". I weakly smiled and took Ky home to get better. Don came home and had two sickies to take care of as well as Zander and Dresden. It didn't take long to realize we had the flu.

Well, Saturday Porter was sick. I was still not feeling 100%. But I was getting better. So I spent the day taking care of Porter and doing all the things that need to be done when your child has the flu.

It looked like we were in the home stretch with everyone on the road to recovery. Then, today as I was running to the bank, Zander threw up all over...wait for it, wait for it...Don's baby, the Galaxie. To see more about Don's baby- click hereI know this is terrible, but I laughed. I called Don to tell him his baby had been thrown up on and I just laughed.

So I guess the secretary was fore-shadowing or predicting my families future. We have been dropping like flies. I hope it skips Don and Dresden. I am done with all this.

2 comments:

Katrina said...

I hope it passes quickly- sick kids is one thing, but when YOU are sick, ugggghhhh!

I forgot to ask you when I saw you, what are you doing for work?

Anonymous said...

Deann
I am so sorry. That is awful. John and I are on drugs for sinus infections and little John and Sam had the flu. Not fun!!!! Hope you are all feeling well now. I'll bring you some salad for lunch tomorrow. :)