De Ann's Clan

Saturday, December 27, 2008

Happy Birthday Porter

Porter's birthday is the day after Christmas. It is hard to make it special at this time of year. I feel guilty inviting other kids over because I am pretty sure they don't have money for a birthday gift the day after Christmas. But at the same time I feel like I need find a way to make his birthday fun and special.

We were just going to go out to dinner as a family. Porter wanted to go to Chuck-a-Rama as a family. When I told him we could invite some of his friends to go out to eat somewhere, then he decided we could do both. What he doesn't realize is that we will have to wait about a month to go out to dinner as a family for his birthday.

I told him we would take two friends to McDonald's. He invited Megan and Lexi. Don's brother gave us McDonald's gift certificates for Christmas. So we sprang for a cake and called it a party. We ordered Happy Meals for all the kids and had them play on the playland. I think he had a lot of fun. I told the kids not to bring presents and I made sure to take Porter shopping for a present afterwards.

I can't believe Porter is now just one year from turning eight.

No comments: