De Ann's Clan

Sunday, August 9, 2009

Back to school

While families are trying to fit in the last of their summer activities, I will be in trainings. Tomorrow the school year officially starts for me. I can not tell you how incredibily excited I am.

I still have a ton to do before the 19th, our first day of school. I have spent a little time each day all summer getting ready. I have spent more time recently.

I have really struggled with a theme for my classroom. Finally Porter helped me decided on "Wild for learning". I have made huge wild animals out of cardboard and covered them with material to look like the animal. So far I have an elephant, tiger, cougar, lion, and panther. I have to wait for my next paycheck to buy the material and glue sticks to finish the panther and the lion. I have also made two trees. I think it will look really cool in my room. I will have to post pictures.

I still have a lot to do. I have to make a ton of copies. I need to do my bulletin boards. I have to finish getting my room ready. But I am loving every minute of it.

1 comment:

Melanie Palmer said...

Those kids are lucky to have a teacher that cares so much about their success. That sounds like such a cute theme!