De Ann's Clan

Saturday, April 25, 2009

I believe in miracles

Do you believe in miracles?

I don't know how to start this blog except to say that there might be an opening for an assistant recorder at another temple. Don has wanted to be an assistant recorder since he first started working at Jordan River Temple as a clerk over five years ago. The position requires a degree and it is extremely difficult to get such a position in the church. Don spoke with HR about such a position a year ago and they let him know that he wouldn't be a candidate until he had his bachelors degree.

Now let me tell you why I still think he deserves it. Don has over five years experience of working in the temple office. He knows the policies and the procedures. He knows the rolls that volunteers and staff members play and how to keep both happy. He has the experience that a degree cannot give him. He has the social skills and the understanding needed to be an assistant recorder.

I think it takes more than all of that though to work in the temple. Don has the spirit needed to work in such a position. He works hard all of the time to keep his spirit pure. He listens to good music. He reads his scriptures daily. He holds Family Home Evening every Sunday. He doesn't watch very much T.V. and when he does, he turns it right off when there is something offensive. He is the only person I know of that has cried many nights because he had the desire to get set apart as a High Priest. Ky's primary teacher has told us many times that Ky is the one in his primary class that knows all the answers and that is because Don spends time daily teaching his children principles of the gospel.

It would be a miracle if Don were to actually be considered for the position. But I believe in miracles. I know that it was a miracle that my companion and I were protected in the park when that man was following us. It was a miracle when we sold our last house. It was a miracle that Don turned out great after being orphaned at 11 and growing up in group homes with rebellious teenagers. It was a miracle that Kyath's eyesight went from blind to not needing any glasses. It was a miracle that when Porter fell down the stairs and got a cut near his eye, that it was just near and did not effect his eyesight. It was a miracle that when Porter was doused in gasoline, he did not catch on fire. It was a miracle that Kyath did not cross that busy street when he wandered away from home at two years old. It was a miracle that Kyath didn't fall out of the car when he opened the door on the freeway. It was a miracle when Porter didn't drown when he fell into that pond at Fermont Park.

I believe that my family has experienced more miracles than I can number. I know that God loves everyone and is there to help anyone that reaches out to him. He is working miracles everyday. I cannot deny God's hand in me and my family's life. He has been leading the way and we have tried to follow. I am hoping that maybe, just maybe, he has been preparing a way for Don to get a position as an assistant recorder.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Has he heard on the job yet?