De Ann's Clan

Sunday, October 11, 2009

God Bless the Pharmaceutical Companies!

Years back when I suffered with depression with my first child, my doctor offered to put me on Prozac. I couldn't stop crying so I decided that I really had no choice. But I was not about to tell ANYONE that I was on Prozac. Oh, the embarrassment! I was an "in the closet" Prozac partaker. I took it daily. It made a difference. But, it was our little family secret. That was almost 11 years ago.

A year ago, I realized that the Prozac wasn't working anymore. I was in the worst depression I had ever been in. I went to counseling and I went to my doctor. She prescribed an additional anti-depressive. It took a month to make any difference, but what a difference it made. I realized that maybe Prozac had never completely solved my depression.

Wellbutrin has made my arthritis subside. I have tons more energy. I am able to work full-time. My one continuous headache went away. Oh, and I am nicer too. It has made a world of difference. I am thankful for how the pharmaceutical companies have improved my life.

3 comments:

Katrina said...

I love Wellbutrin, too. Prozac had lots of nasty side effects, and I never really felt wholly like myself on it. On Wellbutrin I feel like me. Glad it's helped you so much!

Erica said...

That's such good news. Its hard having to depend on medication, but what a difference it makes. I'm glad you are feeling better.

If it makes life more liveable and enjoyable, why not?

Good luck with everything!

☼ Dayna said...

I was in the closet to be on any psychiatric meds. There's such a stigma. I am not on anti-depressants (others), but the Mister switched to Wellbutrin 3 months ago, and boy does he feel better!