De Ann's Clan

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

I have no idea what I am doing

I have had this one idea for a book for a long time. I haven't done anything about it because I kept trying to talk myself out of it. Everyone says they are going to write a book and it usually doesn't amount to anything. But my brother asked me a week ago if I would take the pictures for a book he is writing. He is a graphic artist and he is planning on altering them to fit his concept. It flattered me because my brother has written several books and I never thought he would consider working with me on a project. We are still working out the details.

But it got me to thinking about the book I want to write. So I outlined out the book and it just all made sense. I e-mailed my brother to see if he would illustrate the book. We met and he gave me a lot of advice and steered me in the right direction. One thing he said was to put up an ad on Craigslist to see if I could find any graphic artists willing to work for cheap. So I did. Here was my ad...

Illustrator wanted to illustrate a LDS book. Seventy-five specific pictures wanted. Illustrator must have portfolio to display.
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Compensation: Negotiable
This is a part-time job.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
Please, no phone calls about this job!
Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.
PostingID: 1446195379


No comments: