De Ann's Clan

Thursday, September 17, 2009

A stitch in time...

I wish I could say this was a blog about how my favorite shirt was saved by my crafty sewing ability. Actually, this blog has little to do with sewing. But a lot to do with stitches.

I was greeted at my children's preschool by a curious preschool teacher asking me what happened. I of course had no idea what she was talking about. She went on to ask about how Dresden cut her head open and about her stitches. I again had no clue what she was talking about.

Then she told me what she knew. Don dropped the kids off a little later than usual and he said that Dresden had just gotten stitches. At that point I just wanted to see my little girl.

She has three stitches in her forehead. When I got a hold of Don he told me he was just getting out of the shower and he heard her start to cry, followed by "sorry, sorry" from Zander. Zander told me that they were wrestling. If you have ever wrestled with Zander, you know how tough he is. She didn't even have a chance. But I can't quite get the story from him, so I am not sure.

All I know is my little girl has stitches and I had to find out from the pre-school. "I'm not happy Don, not happy at all." (This is a line from "The Incredibles" with Bob's name replaced with Don)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sad, so sad!!!!!!!

mooresclan said...

I know. My little baby. I thought only boys were supposed to get stitches!

Melanie Palmer said...

Sounds like you've had quite the challenging/interesting few weeks. Hope things get better for you :)