De Ann's Clan

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Waited too long

I think I wait too long to blog. I have things I can blog, but I don't because of this or that. I guess I just don't think it is good enough to blog. Then when I want to blog I am so busy weighing whether it is blog material that I just decide it doesn't meet my blog criteria. Crazy.

Dresden is doing much better at pre-school. My sister saved the day by going there and checking on her a few times. One of the times she went in an played with Dresden. That was just what she needed. Ever since then she is happy to go to school and happy when I pick her up. BIG IMPROVEMENT!

Things are going great at school. I was trying to teach my class what makes a sentence a declarative sentence. When it comes right down to it, they are sentences that end with a period. There were a few kids that just didn't get it. So I started drawing fireworks around the sentence whenever it was declarative. Now my class expects it. One of my students said, "No more declarative sentences for you." Another student asks why I haven't drawn any fireworks when I am trying to teach a different concept about grammar. It's really cute.

No comments: