De Ann's Clan

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day


This is what I received for mother's day. But wait, let me start from the top.
I woke up before everyone else and got ready for church. I decided with it being mother's day that I shouldn't have to be the one to get my kids ready, so I just got myself ready and of course Dresden (because she will always be fun to get ready). Then I left the rest of my family while I went to church. Kyath and Porter got themselves ready and came to church late. They weren't in time to sing with the primary, but I was proud of them, at least they came.

Kyath was excited to give me the bag he had decorated at boy scouts. It is a cute little book bag that I can use for the library books. I love it. He also gave me a picture that his teacher took of him at school.

Porter gave me a cute butterfly that he made at school. It said "Thanks for giving me wings." I put it up on the fridge until the magnet fell off. Now it is on top of the fridge until I can fix it.

I liked both gifts. But neither of them were as memorable as the gift Porter gave to me right before my parents came for dinner...

he broke my front window. Now there is a big crack screaming to the world, "I have boys!"

I am just curious how you spent your Mother's Day. What did your family do or not do? What did you get or not get? What would have been your dream mother's day?

I think I will have to award a prize to the best comment.

The best comment will get four hours of free babysitting or something comparable if the prize doesn't fit to your situation.

I guess I won. What did you all have an amazing Mother's day? You lie!

No comments: