De Ann's Clan

Thursday, May 22, 2008

Saying Farewell

What can I say? After my long post about Good Old Rusty I am not quite sure what to say. I convinced Don that we really did need to get rid of the van. I donated the van online to the Kidney Foundation. Today, the tow truck came and took Good Old Rusty away. I expected neighbors to line the streets. I expected the kids to cry. I expected to dance in the street! The tow truck came while the kids were still in school. Dresden was asleep and Zander was watching cartoons. I watched from the window as the tow truck operator loaded up the van and drove away.

3 comments:

Melanie Palmer said...

Congratulations! Hey, at least you got a good tax deduction.

mooresclan said...

Yeah, at least the neighbors are talking to me again!
j/k

Anonymous said...

Was it a sad moment? Were there tears? And were they tears of joy or tears of sorrow?
DeAnn....I am so sorry luck has not been your thing. That has got to mean that something good is in store for you. Right?!!!