De Ann's Clan

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Back to Reality

Christmas break is a wonderful time,
When all in life seems so sublime.

The future seems so easy and nice,
with food in the cupboard and Spanish rice.

The house and the laundry are finally in order,
the boys are all happy Ky, Zander and Porter.

My thoughts are filled with happily ever afters,
My memories have faded of children in the rafters.

I'm ready to send the kids back to school,
and teaching second grade is just so cool.

But then the children really go back,
I return to teaching and making Gak.

My pre-planning is put to the test,
the house, the children and the rest.

It is harder than thought even with good intentions,
I'm being spread so thin in all directions.

I will have to become Super Mom,
and keep it together so all is calm.

So I have just one thing to say,
PASS THE CHOCOLATE!


Side note- We are studying poetry right now. This is a couplet with an AA, BB, CC, DD, EE, FF, GG, HH, II, J, K pattern.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Reality is cold. I hope you have a good day today. Leave the cell phone off today!

Melanie has seem to have dropped of the blogspot scene. Do you know anything about that?

Debbie H.

EBKB said...

Haha, I like how you incorporated "Gak" into a poem. Nice!