De Ann's Clan

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Just between Us

I probably shouldn't have written the post yesterday. My oldest son was upset when he found out that someone knew. I really need to be better at keeping those kind of things to myself.

Don called me today as I was picking up Dresden and Zander to tell me that Zander had to get stitches today. I really thought he was kidding. I mean, didn't he just get stitches a couple of months ago? Didn't he just get his cast off from his broken arm. Then I stopped myself and thought, didn't he just get stitches a couple of months ago? Didn't he just get his cast off from his broken arm? Do I need any more sign that Zander is accident prone? One of my neighbors jokes that there is an emergency room with her daughter's name on it. I think I am getting to that point.

Anyways, Don was playing with Zander. He was running around the house with him on his back. Don put him down on a piece of furniture and stepped away before Zander was standing firmly. He slipped off and hit his head on the edge of the cabinet. He now has five staples in his head. Don feels terrible.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh man!!! It's okay Don. You were being a good dad when it happened!!!! It happens. My sister in law thought it was funny that her son could climb out of his crib so she hid in his room to watch him. He fell out of the crib and broke his arm!!
How does your oldest know anyone knows anything? You're a good mom De Ann!!!

EBKB said...

Man, some kids are just accident-prone! Your poor husband! Two days ago, we thought our daughter had broken her finger, and we were kinda freaking out after the chipped tooth and the bus incident. There must be something in the air. Her finger seems all right now, though.

I was *just* thinking about the blogging-about-kids topic, probably because I watched a little internet video thing yesterday that was an interview with these three blogger moms who were discussing the ethics of whether or not it's okay to blog about your children. Most of them said yes, probably because all three of them are literally "professional" bloggers who make their living off the ad revenue of their blogs.

It's definitely a tricky subject. On the one hand, it seems perfectly acceptable to blog about one's own experiences as a parent, but if your kid is uncomfortable with it, then the paradigm kind of shifts.

My husband hates that I blog and always asks me never to mention him. Sometimes I do it anyway. Usually, he doesn't find out, or else just lets it go. But sometimes he gets mad. And that is often unpleasant. Make of that what you will.