De Ann's Clan

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Visit to the Doctor

I know everyone has hard kids. Well except for Melanie, Katrina, Debbie and Tawnie. Okay, just kidding. But I think my kids are harder than most kids. My trip to our pediatrician confirmed my belief. I am trying to be careful what I say because I know this is on the net and could come back and haunt me some day, so bear with me.

My pediatrician began asking me questions like, "What time does your child go to bed. Where does he sleep. When does he wake up. What kind of behavior has he been displaying. How long has he been acting this way." They were all questions that I was expecting. What I wasn't expecting was his response. He said, "I had no idea that it had gotten this bad." Boy, one liners can really get ya.

My favorite part was when he asked me if we wanted to get the chickenpox vaccine and the flu shot. I would have loved to. But I also knew I was going to pay a big enough price just for making him see the doctor. It was hard enough just getting him to the appointment. He kept trying to leave before we saw the doctor. Afterwards he was angry with my for talking about him. He has made sure that the rest of my day has been really hard.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Believe me....MY KIDS ARE HARD!! I don't know where you came up with that they are easy. Very funny!!!! I'm just mean. They HAVE to obey or they are really going to get it! j/k
You are doing great!!!

Katrina said...

I know a little what you mean. After Anders' COMPLETE freak out/melt down this summer from having to get 5 immunizations, I promised him he wouldn't have to get shots until he's 13. So when the ped. asked if I wanted to do flu shots for the kids I had to say no way. I'd rather deal with the flu.

EBKB said...

I guess my girls are sort of easy...but it's probably because I yell at them ALL THE TIME. And because I'm a firm believer in baby gates...keeping toddlers confined to small rooms with all the furniture removed...I'm also one of those moms you see with their kid on a leash. Actually, I went to the store today without the leash, and my kid went absolutely CRAZY running around like she had fire ants in her pants, kicking and screaming when I tried to pick her up (those mary janes with the big soles can pack a serious wallop) and yelling "Dummy dumb dummy!" She has recently started saying that she "hates" things, (I hate mommy! I hate it! I hate you!) which is about the moment you start to wonder why you were so anxious for them to start talking...

But other than that, piece of cake.

Melanie Palmer said...

LOL. If it makes you feel better, only two of my kids are easy!

We have the immunization freak out too, so I lie and say we are going to the Doctor for the baby and bring all the kids. Then they are good throughout the visit and have no idea what's comin' until it hits them.

Hope things get better soon!