De Ann's Clan

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Fly Lady

Keeping my house clean has always been a struggle. Laundry is the biggest factor. Now that Don is taking over laundry, I can focus on keeping the house clean. A couple of years ago I heard about Fly Lady. It is a website that teaches and encourages people to clean their house. I signed up for her e-mails a couple of years ago when we were in the other house. But I stopped the e-mails before we moved and never resigned up for the e-mails. I have been waiting till I knew I would actually do it.

What I like about Fly Lady is that she starts with the basics. She has me taking baby steps while building habits at the same time. The key, according to her, is to keep my sink clean. Every week there is a different part of the house that gets deep cleaned. Every morning and evening the house gets a once over. It is far easier than it sounds and it is perfect for people like me.

I jumped back on the wagon two weeks ago. So I am still getting the hang of everything. But I can say that my sink is clean. Even when I am exhaused, I try to clean up the kitchen before I go to bed. It is nice waking up to a clean kitchen.
I am what she calls a "flybaby". One day I hope to reach Jedi status and be able to "fly" on my own.

If you haven't heard of Fly Lady, you should really check out her site. It is www.flylady.net. It is free and can change your life.

1 comment:

Katrina said...

I'm totally with you on the kitchen being clean. I love a clean house, but if I'm too worn out to pick up every room, I for sure want the kitchen nice and fresh for the next day. It gives me a sense of peace for some reason.