De Ann's Clan

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Why I love Don

Everyone has their Achilles heel. Anyone that knows me, knows that mine is laundry. I wash it, pull it out of the dryer and put it on the folding table. It stays on the folding table until someone needs to wear it. I try to fold laundry everyday. But I just don't ever get to the bottom of the laundry pile before I am washing again. I think having the fourth child did me in. I know I felt like laundry tripled with just having my first baby. Having the fourth just made laundry an impossible feat.

Don and I were downstairs talking the other night while I was folding laundry. I was telling him all the reasons I hated laundry. He said, "I finally see how much you hate laundry. I am going to take it over." I, of course answered with a, "Yeah, right!" I knew Don was just saying what I wanted to hear. There was no way he would take over folding the laundry. He didn't even know where to look for all the kids clothes. How could he put them away? He said, "No, I really am." I responded, "Yeah, I'll believe it when I see it."

Monday came, Don's day off and I tried not to get my hopes up. I really didn't want to think there was even a chance Don would fold a few clothes. I tried to keep myself busy with dishes and other household chores and not think about the laundry downstairs. I was edgy and Don could sense it. I tried not to be snappy as I waited to see if he would really even attempt to fold something, let alone put it away.

Don announced he was going downstairs to do laundry. Then, the miracle came. He did! He brought up load after load, folded them and put them away. He filled three bags for the DI. I watched in awe as he shrunk the folding table pile to almost nothing in a matter of time. I can't tell you how happy it made me.

I love Don because he sees what I can't do and does them. He knows what I am not and what I never will be and accepts that. He balances me out and makes me whole. Thanks Don. I love you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. What a great post. Way to honor your husband. And what a way for him to honor you. You are a wonderful couple.

mooresclan said...

Thanks for the comment. I am hoping that my post will encourage him to do more laundry! We will see how that turns out.