De Ann's Clan

Friday, November 28, 2008

Can the tooth fairy help me?

I just want to complain about my teeth. There are some people that are blessed with good teeth no matter how they treat them and there are those that are blessed with bad teeth no matter how they treat them. You can guess which category I belong in.

I remember going to the dentist when I was little. The dentist found green something in my brother's teeth. He actually had to scrap it off. But did he have a single cavity? No. My brother didn't even start brushing his teeth until he was about sixteen. When he did finally get a cavity as an adult he almost had the family fast for him, he was so scared.

I always had my dentist appointment the same time as my brother and I was always the one with the cavities. I brushed, flossed, and even rinsed with fluoride. But I have always had bad teeth. Well all I can say is, "It sucks!" Don is amazed at how many root canals I have had and am yet to have.

In January I had yet another root canal, a cavity filled and another tooth pulled that had a root canal ten years ago and had since died. Then my $1600 dental limit set by my insurance had been used up. So that meant no dental work for the rest of the year. At the time I still needed another root canal, but decided I would just eat around the tooth that hurt.

Fast forward to today. I have managed to eat round my hurt tooth and my missing tooth (wow, I sound like trailer trash) since January. But today I just hurt the one tooth that was getting me through. It really bummed me out. Meanwhile, Don has had like two cavities since we have been married.

2 comments:

Katrina said...

I totally agree with you. I brush, floss, rinse, and still feel like my mouth has turned against me. Last week my "problem child" tooth was bothering me again, so I went to the dentist and he told me I had GINGIVITIS around that tooth. Gingivitis? Don't really old people get gingivitis?

I think having babies sucks the goodness out of teeth.

mooresclan said...

Amen sister.