De Ann's Clan

Sunday, November 9, 2008

Potty Training in a day and other myths

I have been avoiding potty training Zander. He is three in a half and I could let him stay in diapers for another 6 months or so. But Don decided he wasn't going to change those diapers anymore and put Zander in underwear last Monday.

It has been a week and we are still changing him out of wet clothes all day and throwing more than out share of underwear away when they are nasty. He does go potty in the potty, but he is far from being trained. I am having a hard time keeping up on his laundry and I know we still have at least a week to go before he has this potty training thing under control.

Every time we start potty training I think of the book that I have and have read, "Potty Training in One Day." Yeah, nice. It seems to really work for me and my family.

2 comments:

EBKB said...

It took us a very, very very long time to potty train our 7 year old. She just wasn't interested in it. We were told not to "push" her, that she would do it on her own time. I teetered from pushing to not pushing. Maybe that made it worse, who knows. We tried bribery, sticker charts, all the stops. It took over a year.

Not to sound discouraging or anything. I just think those "potty training in 1 day" type things are total nonsense.

Katrina said...

I hate potty training and think it's impossible to do in one day. My thoughts are with you.